Staying in a Capsule Hotel in Tokyo

One guy stayed at a Tokyo capsule hotel for a week. Some Japanese people who lost their jobs live their for months or even years. 

Lobby



Look at this inviting and warm lobby. You buy a ticket out of the vending machine on the left to stay the night. 

706 



After going up an elevator I made it to the 7th floor. The entire floor is basically a hallway with these small square holes stacked 2 high on each side. I was on the bottom. 

No real door 



I hope no one on my floor snores (spoilers: they did). 

Inside



This is from the inside looking at the door. Note the spacious closet and ventilation fan. 

Amenities



My legs for scale. The tv took ¥100 coins to watch it but I just assumed it didn't work. And don't be fooled by the window... it was bolted shut.
Previous
Next Post »